Sunday, January 23, 2011

Product Journal: Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System [Days 5-9]

Tuesday, 1/18/11 [Day 5, Use 3]

I am still using this every other day. I don't think I mentioned this in my previous posts, but I find that the easiest/most convenient time for me to use the brush is in the morning during my shower. With my Clarisonic, if I tried to wait until nighttime to do it, I often ran out of time and fell asleep before getting around to it.

I have also switched cleansers, because I feel like the Pro-X cleanser was a bit drying for my skin (which is interesting, because as I said before, my skin is combo leaning oily). I think I would have been fine if I continued to use the included cleanser, but I decided to try out my Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Cleanser instead because I like more foam in my cleansing routine.

So far, I have not noticed any difference from the results I was getting with my Clarisonic. I am back to seeing fewer clogged pores at the end of the day (remember, I was without any type of skincare brush for a few months), and my overall skin looks smoother/a bit clearer.

One thing I am realizing, though, is that the brush head on the Olay Pro-X seems more "flimsily attached" to the unit than the Clarisonic's did. So far it doesn't seem to be affecting performance, but I can see it getting damaged more easily if you dropped it than a Clarisonic. (Then again, for $30, I guess replacing it wouldn't be *as* bad.)



Thursday, 1/20/11 [Day 7]


I was bad. :( I got so busy with school, work, and traveling that I skipped my Thursday use. Because I wanted to keep the pattern up, I decided to wait until Saturday for my next use.



Saturday, 1/22/11 [Day 9, Use 4]

So, on my two days off from the Pro-X brush I could definitely see a (negative) difference in my skin. The first morning after not using it my skin looked pretty much the same, but by that night/the next morning I had a number of clogged pores popping up again. That'll teach me not to forget again :(

Anyways, I used the brush this morning during my shower, once again with the Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Cleanser. I really like the combo of these two together because I get a nice foam that cleans without stripping my skin (as long as I don't use too much cleanser, of course.)

I will make sure to update after my next use to say whether the clogged pores go away again now that I have resumed my cleansing routine.


As I said before, if you have any questions or comments regarding my experience with the Olay Pro-X brush, please let me know in the comments below!

~ The Product Addict
(rachel89 on MUA)

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea why more people are not following this! I am so glad you are doing this and I think it is going to save me a wad of cash. I just wanted to let you know I have been following and really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete